[DeTomaso] Things that make you go, "Hmmm...."

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 14:18:50 EDT 2009

Actually, really does depend on the entire setup - I was in the same camp - "no front swaybar = nutz", until i removed mine. We did quite a bit of testing at Performance Art in Gilroy (www.performanceartonline.com) with different combinations (Front: none / stock / 1" and Rear: Stock / 1" / 1" hollow). An incredible difference, no more push through corners, it actually turns when I want it to.  And it was a real pleasure on the down hill sweeper (#19) in Reno. Of course, tire size, spring rate, etc all add into the equation, and I realize there are some disadvantages to no front swaybar (potential body flex), but it is working well for me. I've heard similar reports from others w/o front sway bars as well.

but so far haven't experienced the "oversteer and terrible body roll".  Come take it for a spin Mike!

brent
4328