[DeTomaso] window glass

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 12:33:58 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/28/09 9 28 43, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Any thoughts on the window motor discussion?  I know there's been a lot
> of talk on the forum about window motors, but I just wondered if there had
> ever been a final, satisfactory solution.

My life has never been adversely impacted by the speed at which the
standard window motors operate, when they are operating correctly.   I don't need
to have a glass guillotine in my door.   All the work that people invest to
make their windows go up and down slightly faster strikes me as grossly
wasted effort.

The Vadar conversion does have one great advantage--significantly reduced
weight.   If you're on an all-out weight-savings kick, that has merit.   But
honestly, you'll never tell the difference in weight from behind the wheel.
 The only way I could justify spending that kind of money would be if I
bought a Pantera in which the window mechanisms were entirely missing.   If I
had to buy *something*, I'd buy Ted Mitchell's setup.   But if I already had
a stock setup, and it worked, I'd keep it.   If it didn't work, I'd fix it.