[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 63, Issue 26-WATERPUMPS

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 14:17:05 EDT 2009

I had one of Mr. Edlebrocks pumps on my Mustang
that was only a couple of years old.. the fan mount
came off the shaft and went thru the radiator... took out
two March pulleys and destroyed the alternator bearings

I also had two of the short version hot rod pumps on the
Pantera... Ford Motorsport ... the dealer told me that they
were made by Mr. Eldlebrock.. sheared both rear plates
on the back at excessive rpms 6800

Laslty when I finally pulled my old firebird motor that was
only a year old the Edlebrock pump on it was leaking
at the front seal...

No more Mr. Eldlebrock pumps for me
I just walk by his pits at the Historic races and smile
I thought about bringing him his old parts but decided against it
As I do see him two to three times a year

Flowcooler or PHR

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera