[DeTomaso] hot start problem solved

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 25 00:22:08 EDT 2009

All,

FWIW, this afternoon I rewired my starter per the instructions that come
with DB starters (as opposed to the instructions which came with *my* starter
from Pantera Performance Center).

It completely cured the problem of the starter running on after the key was
released, and the car seems to start with a bit more vigor, too.   After
talking with Bill Taylor before I started, he convinced me to keep my stock
solenoid as an integral, functioning part of the starting system, rather than
just bypassing it entirely as I thought I would do.   He tried to explain
why it was a better idea to do it that way; my eyes glazed over and I finally
just agreed to do it because he said so. :>)

Feeling like I was on a roll, I then decided to change my rear shocks,
since I had some Konis from Pantera East sitting under my coffee table since
February.   That turned into mortal combat, taking almost four hours, plus a
lot of McGyverizing and profanity.   Job done now, but it may take a few weeks
before I muster the energy to tackle changing the front shocks--those are
typically much more challenging to change out....