[DeTomaso] hot start problem solved

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri Oct 23 17:16:26 EDT 2009

No run on at all that I've been able to detect.  When the key is
released, it turns off the firewall solenoid.  When that releases,
there is absolutely no voltage/current being applied to the starter
anymore.  Perhaps you have a wiring problem or the solenoid is
"sticking."

The other problem could be the starter is not mated correctly
(interference fit) and the gear is not returning as quickly as it
should.  It could be sticking to the ring gear due to engine torque.

Asa Jay

Quoting forestg at att.net: