[DeTomaso] backup light switch

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Fri Oct 23 12:48:38 EDT 2009

Thanks for your offer Julian. I prefer original stuff because it fits
without further complications and it works. The best parts I've been able to
buy for my Pantera are the ones in the blue and white Ford boxes. They have
been hard to find but 100% satisfactory parts. Because I'm in an isolated
part of Canada, shipping, brokerage and taxes become a large cost that is
not recovered on returns,so that isn't usually an option for me. I'd say
perhaps 50% of the cost of my Pantera restoration is losses for aftermarket
junk and shipping cost related to it (and my own stupid mistakes). A lot of
the "upgrade" stuff seems tacky or requires additional mods to make it fit
and/or work properly. I have ordered a new switch from Marino at Pantera
East. We'll see what he sends me. If it's not an original switch, I may be
back to take you up on your offer !
Cheers
Barry