[DeTomaso] hot start problem solved

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 10:50:04 EDT 2009

Dave and Boyd,

I too have the DR starter.  I have just the rear chassis- to- ZF
ground strap and that has proven sufficient for nearly seven years,
two of those with the DR starter.

IIRC, the standard purchase assumes you are just doing an R&R on an
existing same-style starter.

If you are upgrading to this style, as we are doing for our Panteras,
you can request the "kit" to do the changeover.  The kit was just some
wire, if I recall correctly, and the instructions to do the wire re-
locating.

I imagine Boyd did not request the "kit" with his order, and thus
began his issues.

So for those that go down this road in the future, just make sure you
tell DR you need the upgrade kit for this starter.  That request
should get you the wire, and instructions, needed to do the conversion
correctly, the first time.

Larry