[DeTomaso] Distributor gear

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 10:44:33 EDT 2009

>>I don't want to beat a dead horse, but what about the steel gears from Mallory?  Are they usable with steel roller cams?
>> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-29420/

The Mallory steel distributor gears are not compatible with billet steel (8620 & 9310) cams. The are compatible with lesser grade steel cams such as OEM roller cams,  iron, and austempered ductile iron cams.

From
the Mallory FAQ:

Q)
Will your Alloy Steel Distributor Gear work with my hydraulic roller cam?

A) Our alloy steel distributor gears will work with all core material except
8620-9310 steel where our bronze gear will be used. The 8620 steel with iron
gear option will work with our alloy steel gears.
http://www.malloryperformance.com/Faqs.aspx