[DeTomaso] salvage plate

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 21:12:51 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/22/09 18 06 27, dsmtjoy at cox.net writes:

> Recently there was discussion about titles / VINS and slavaged cars
> someone
> posted a link to a pic of a salvage plate, CA I believe.  I've gone
> through
> the archive but am not able to find the message.  Would that person who
> posted the link with the salvage pic please send it to me off the list?

I've never heard of a 'salvage plate'.   I bought a car with a salvage
title, but that's just a paperwork thing.   There's no indication on the car
itself that there's anything amiss.

BTW a salvage title isn't necessarily a bad thing.   In my case, the car
was structurally and mechanically sound, and in fact some of you received hot
laps in it at Las Vegas Motor Speedway one year, and will attest that it's
pretty speedy and handles and stops remarkably well.

Best $35 I ever spent! :>)