[DeTomaso] MSD distributor

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:33:51 EDT 2009

I am using the narrow MSD distributor with no vacuum advance. I am also
using an MSD 6al and a blaster coil. How much advance should I have set at
start? and what plugs and gap do you reccomend? My car has not had an
"Itailian tune up" in a year and it seems like it needs a tune up even
though it only has a few hundred miles since the last tune and new plugs. It
has not been run at speed for any distance due to my hot start problem
(which is now resolved)) I couldn't drive it anywhere more then a few miles
away for fear of getting stuck. Luckily the hot start is fixed and now I
want to drive it before winter sets in. Someone stold my jump box so I'm
glad it's fixed.
Boyd