[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 63, Issue 22- Stress Cracks

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 12:52:04 EDT 2009

My car has full chassis bracing, a 4 point
roll cage and the rear deck pinned... I have a crack
on the curve just behind the right gille that happened
after a romp over a rough mountain road
Car was not stripped to bare metal as I only wanted
a Racers paint job... it turned out a lot nicer than that thanks to Tommy
Hodges

It is also slightly cracked at the lower chassis
brace in the engine bay... it is welded in and bondoed
around... this cracking happend at the Reno Fernley
track.. must be that big bump on the turn after the
back straight.. hitting it at 110 mph plus is my guess

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera (made to race.. chips and rocks to follow)