[DeTomaso] Will's next car...was eBay scam

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 19 21:56:41 EDT 2009

One more comment before we get together for a group hug and start singing hippie love songs...

The Pantera community is tremendous.  We've all heard stories about how someone was helped by someone that would normally be called a stranger.  We can't call them strangers, though, since we're all linked through the Pantera brotherhood.  I bet if you got a million monkeys banging on a million keyboards, you couldn't reproduce the acts of Pantera kindness displayed over the last 30 years.

I suspect that all marques have a similar brotherhood.  I also suspect, though, that the per-capita brotherhood is much greater in the Pantera community.  Hell, the Pantera brotherhood is probably greater, even if you ignore the Pantera population.

On the flip side, there are Pantera owners that are jerks.  I haven't met any, but I'm sure they're out there.  I suspect the same is true with the other marques.

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm not saying Vette owners are jerks.  I hope nobody took it that way.  My Vette ownership dilemma is strictly based on how the car makes me feel.  The 512TR felt magical.  The Pantera does too.  The Viper GTS - not so much.  A Vette has the looks and is a fantastic performance value.  So far, though, it doesn't get me excited.

I can't believe I even said that.  I've been commuting from Houston to Dallas the last 4 years.  The last 2 years has been in the Insight.  A moped is more exciting (but it doesn't get as good of mileage).