[DeTomaso] Will's next car...was eBay scam

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 21:30:14 EDT 2009

512TR 's are cool looking, a tune up and belt change runs 8,000 -12,000
dollars, unless it has a place to $%&
I don't see it being worth it.  Get the Vette!

Many years ago I was doing only sales and I used to have a client that made
a product bought by billionaires and the like, built mostly by avg income
folks,
in Savannah, Ga. Back then I had a couple of XKE's, both roadsters, a 64,
series 1 1/2 and Imperial Maroon 73, Series III V-12 with Ginger Interior, I
drove it to the plant one day and the Director of Purchasing saw me in it,
he motioned for me to step into his office later that day and ask me to shut
the door.

I did.  He told me to NEVER drive that car to the plant again or it would
cost me business and I never did again.

He didn't mention it again and neither did I. funny how some folks operate,
they can be surrounded by sheiks, corp raiders, third world dictators and
other billionaires and just smile and take their money, yet they don't want
the people "beneath" them to do anything out of the ordinary.

World is strange.

Michael