[DeTomaso] Will's next car...was eBay scam

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:15:59 EDT 2009

What?  I can't say that about Mustang folks here, except for the new Mustang
people who are totally clueless about anything other than
Mustangs made after 1999, for some reason these guys with their ( laughing
like a jackass at this ) multicolored wire management
plastic piping, billet dipstick handles and Optima tribal engraved battery
covers seem to think they are all that.
Driving a GT that was outright lied about in the ads when it claimed to have
300 hp ( that are routinely blown away by my Magnum Hemi STATIONWAGON.)
I just don't get it, they are nice enough looking cars, but of all the newer
pony cars, the Mustang
to me is the second best choice in GT trim (obviously a Shelby, Roush or
Saleen version commands a little more respect
) when compared to the newer Challenger SRT-8 it falls short in both looks
and performance IMHO. The new Camerae being a distant third.

The old Mustang crowd here are some of the nicer people around, so too are
the Corvette people (except the C3 folks who seem to have a chip on their
shoulder)
, the major jerks here are the tuner crowd with the roller skate cars
featuring neon indirect lighting on the ground and so much NOS spraying that
you'd think
the car had some kind of nasal infection if it were human.  They pay no
attention to safety, braking or handling, just making
a S&^%$box go faster after it has been lowered to scape the top layer of
paint off the road's painted center line, lots of racing seats, gauges and 6
point
belts and enough audio hardware (stereos, amps, speakers) to not only beat
the band to to drown them out as well.,

like I said in the first email, some people just don't realize when they act
like that to a new person interested in
being a part of the culture, hobby, lifestyle,, How they act reflects upon
their cars as well and all of us associate
those cars with people who behave poorly, like like snobs or are just plain
jerks.

I can't say that of the 15-20 Pantera owners that I have met in person that
any have been anything but nice
to me or to those who have asked questions to them in front of me.  I do
think we are a different kind of group
from all of the others on many levels.

Michael Shortt