[DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera: Is this legit?-Greg Landwehr-for what it'sworth...

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:42:24 EDT 2009

The VIN is 5048.

I've got a draft ad available, waiting for the seller's details approval etc...

But you can see it at www.VIPClassics.com

Chuck

Greg,

When I saw your post this morning, I knew that I had seen that car somewhere.

A little while back, I saw that car sitting in the garage of a San Diego Pantera Club
member who was refurbishing the car for his friend that owns the dealership where the car
is for sale. I personally know that person who worked on that car and he is not a typical
backyard mechanic. His house has a 6 car garage with a lift. He has personally built a
minimum of 2 GT40's for himself plus he has a small fleet of cars that he owns including a
purpose built racing 1965 Mustang.

He did say that the dealership did "pay up" for the car because I believe that it was a
one owner San Diego car that may have been bought from the estate of the family? I
remember that he showed me a whole PILE of receipts that were with the vehicle.

I cannot vouch for the vehicle condition now as I saw it before it was refurbished and
ready for sale. However, it is probably a car worth considering. Sorry, I did not write
down the VIN#.

http://www.vipclassics.com/sdcc/uploads/viewpage.phtml?id=2180456

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire, caretaker #5606