[DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera: Is A SCAM!!!!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 18:37:11 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/18/09 15 06 15, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> So my suggestion for buyers is to do your research, as the web contains
> much
> information to educate and assist the buyer in getter the right car.
>
> Sites like www.PanteraPlace.com    http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/
> and naturally the Registry at www.Provamo.com provide a strong start.
>
> If the crooks fail to success using DeTomaso cars for sale they will
> likely move on to easier Marques (and marks - pun intended).
>
> Well done, everyone!

This episode is concrete proof of the importance of the De Tomaso registry.
  An amazing number of people have chosen to withhold the information on
their cars from the registry; this then makes them vulnurable to having crooks
trying to sell their cars out from under them.

In this case, questions were raised about the validity of this E-bay
auction--one quick trip to the De Tomaso registry enabled people to see the true
story behind this car.

Although I can understand the irratation that some people feel towards
Chuck's attitude of not allowing anybody to view the registry unless they have
first contributed something (I personal find that policy annoying
myself--what about the guy in the middle of nowhere, who has no access to Panteras, but
wants to find a Pantera for sale?), nevertheless, I would never allow that
irritation to prevent me from contributing information on my own car--and I
routinely contribute photos of other cars as well, for everyone's benefit.