[DeTomaso] Some really ugly photos

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Sun Oct 18 09:59:39 EDT 2009

Common areas like behind the front wheels allow road gravel to accumulate
and then hold moinsture.
The rear chassis parts hold water if the drain holes are not present.
Rust rarely starts on painted surfaces. Why? Because it's covered and the
paint doesn't allow the chemical reaction to occur. Rust will start on
unprotected parts, like INSIDE the chassis components.
I've said it many times before, there is moisture in the air at all times.
Just more in some climates than others. If you do not protect all the bare
metal parts form the chemical process, they will rust.
The tar coating  is garbage. It dries out and holds the moisture between the
metal and tar. Then it rusts and you can't see it happenining until chunks
start falling out.
Will