[DeTomaso] GT5S Brakes

larry at ohiotimecorp.com larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Sat Oct 17 18:26:53 EDT 2009

You need to talk to Kirk Evans. He built the car and must have the part he needs.

http://www.amerisportindustries.com/

419-344-8148

Larry - Cleveland

On Sat Oct 17 18:16 , "Ian H"  sent:

>Ok, so my buddy with the GT5S, ordered and got his EBC brake pads and they fit
like a charm.  Now he noticed that he is leaking fluid out of the shuttle valve
and he says he sees a crack right where the stop light switch screws into it.
Checking the parts catalog he sees that the GT5S valve has a different part #
than a Ford era Pantera.  He has called most of the vendors and so far can not
find one for a GT5S.

>So, the questions are: Is there a difference between the two shuttle valves?
And, does anyone out there happen to have one of them laying around?

>If we can't find one, I told him that we can re-plumb the system like I did on
mine and get rid of the shuttle valve and stock prop valve and install a regular
T- block and an adjustable prop valve.  He would like to stick with what was
original to the car though, so now the search begins!

>I am off to the garage to see if I saved my old shuttle valve off my 74 L.  I
am pretty sure that I gave it away to someone though.