[DeTomaso] NPC 4.6/5.4 Modular Motors

hoppe1 at cox.net hoppe1 at cox.net
Thu Oct 15 18:48:49 EDT 2009

Ford designed the modular motors so they could use the same engine plant to build all motors in that family.  This made the machining consistent to construct  any combination of blocks and heads that are part of the family .  IF they sell more of one car with the 5.4 then they just get the modular plant to build more of them.
Rich