[DeTomaso] Parts needed for turn signal switch

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Oct 15 14:24:14 EDT 2009

I have obtained a few turn signal switches from mk 1 Escorts and Capris,
and although the stalk look the same as the Pantera stalk, the switch is
not the same. So much for that myth ;-)

The switch appears to fit the steering columns, using the original
Pantera bracket, but it needs a different canceling cam.

Anyway, these switches are either made by Lucas, or Ford, and the Ford
switch appears to be an upgraded version of the Lucas switch.

Wilkinson appears to be selling these as a replacement, with a new
canceling cam.

They all have the "flash to pass" feature, but it is still not the same
as in later Panteras, which has that feature.

The chrome button at the end of the horn button is a bit rough on some
of the switches and I'd like to get new ones, and also the toothed
washer that keeps the horn switch together.

The chrome button appears be one of those buttons you put on the ends of
shafts to keep cart wheels in place

See:
http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/IMG_3780.JPG

I have measured them and they appear to be imperial sizes.

The shaft, which the washer and button goes on to, is 1/4" (~6.3mm)
The outer diameter of the button is 5/8" (~16mm)
The inner/outer diameter of the tooth washer is 5/16 (~8mm), 9/16 (~14.2mm)

Anyone know where I can find a dozen or so of the washer and buttons?

Cheers,
Thomas