[DeTomaso] Passing emissions - or anyone got a carb for me?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:57:52 EDT 2009

Dave,

I have an older (1970's) Ford truck, which btw is driven all of 500 miles a year,
and for it's frequent smog check I am also borderline.  I have had success running
methanol additive (but consumed in about 50-100 miles before the test.)

I retard the timing slightly, run the meth, and do the typical 'tune-up'.

I do have a stock manifold, carb, air cleaner assembly you are welcome to borrow
(for free) if you pay shipping.  I accumulated the parts in the past just for this need.
It has yet to be used for this purpose, so you may need to add the heat-stove (paper) hose
and some vacuum line etc...  But you are welcome to try it.

And yes this stuff is HEAVY!  (Shipping $ both ways may be more than your alternative
costs.)

Chuck

That would be enough to get me through for sure Thomas,
 but my 'regular' fuel is 94 octane chevron which is 10% ethanol here.
I've been thinking of adding 5% methanol to that,
 but I'm running so lean already that it's a bit scary.
tks
dave

--
Dave Londry