[DeTomaso] Passing emissions - or anyone got a carb for me?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Wed Oct 14 21:18:22 EDT 2009

I've got my 800cfm carb and HiPro cam within a hair of passing emissions
testing now.
(only because they've been pretty relaxed about the idle speed I've been
coming in with)
The basic issues are too much overlap and too big primaries, so I  lose
out on one of idle HC or CO.

I don't feel like pulling the cam out and having to match the rest of
the valve train.
This one runs pretty nicely when I haven't brutalized the A/F ratios for
testing.

So, has anyone got on original Ford manifold and a Motorcraft kicking
around they'd give me a deal on?
Or Dave Nunn was suggesting an Edelbrock Performer (dual plane) manifold
and Edelbrock 600cfm carb?

I'd change for testing and put the 800 back on after.
tks
dave

--
Dave Londry