[DeTomaso] Fiberglass or carbon race Pantera roof ?

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Wed Oct 14 08:44:23 EDT 2009

In constant search of saving weight, I am investigating the possibility of
having a carbon roof on my future GR4 replica. The rest of the lightweight
spares ( front GR4 spoiler with ducts, front hood with vents, rear sugar
scoop, 2 doors, rear decklid, GR4 flares and " elephant ears" engine air
intakes  ) should not exceed 10 kilos in total... That's what I call weight
saving !
As a matter of fact, and quite unexpectedly, I have recently acquired with a
friend of mine, a minority shareholding in a small fiberglass and carbon
manufacturing company in Alsace-France ( 20 years of experience) and this
will finally allow me to have access to top quality lightweight spares at
unbeatable prices, and have other P friends in Europe benefit from it.
Does anyone have any experience with that lightweight roof system, like on
factory BMW GT4 or Ferrari 430 Challenge that are presently racing in Europe
? How to proceed ? How much weight is eliminated ? What about rigidity ?
Many thanks
Patrick
2862 Candy - 9628 ADA - 3679 - 4208