[DeTomaso] Fix it while I take your car... (NPC)

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:02:02 EDT 2009

Now I have a correction.  I thought it was a serpentine belt.  It looked like one all
coiled up.

After another 15 second review when the rain let up momentarily. I see it is several
grooved

belts wrapped up together like 3 angry snakes.

Your comment about the water pump is what I was thinking on first look, which got me
pissed,

the carelessness of it all.

Seems her driving style is causing me extra work again.  She still drives like she did
with her

monster truck, that was forever needing work

(broken axles, alignments, brake pads, human hair cleaned from the radiator.).

Her dad and I kept working her thru a long series of cars each less powerful than the
previous,

hoping that someday her cars won't need a throttle-governor.  Some people are just soooo

hard on a car.

So guys, (women on the list please ignore!)

Is this what guys mean about a girl being high-maintenance?

---Murphy's son

>>>Well, when you remember that the water pump is also on that belt, and so she probably
drove around town with the water pump parked, overheated the thing to death and blew the
head gaskets into next week, you're likely to be even more pissed.

I think the appropriate response is to change all the locks on the house and let her spend
the night standing in the rain!