[DeTomaso] Fix it while I take your car... (NPC)

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:25:50 EDT 2009

We are having a decent first-of-the-season rain storm here in Nor Cal.  (Evacuations in
the mountains etc.)

The wife has been out doing errands driving all over town.

She pokes her head in my office, to report, "Something went wrong with my car."

Fix it, while I take your car to the movies.

(Well thank you dear!)

I ask what happened.  She replies that she was driving along (she is a lead-foot, with
many tickets as proof),

saw a huge 'puddle' and drove right thru it, when suddenly the steering became hard to
turn, and the dash

lights came on with several warnings.

But she had errands to finish.  When she got home, and described to me the symptoms,
(battery warning on dash

among others) I suspected that she threw the 'fan' belt.  15 seconds of standing in the
torrential rain confirmed my

suspicions.

Well as a modern car, this is a serpentine belt including everything, the power steering,
alternator, etc.

Lovely.

If my small garage was not full of "Man Stuff" I would fix it while she is chowing down
$12 popcorn at the movies.

Just a little pissed.

Chuck