[DeTomaso] Pantera video

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:15:28 EDT 2009

My engine came with the Ford "large cap", was not moved back, and fit close but no
contact.  (stock dizzy)

You really have a large cap distributor in there?  Or are you referring to the stock
distributor cap setup?  Ford's large cap distributor is LARGE, i.e. about six inches
around.  I can't believe that's what you have in your car.

Mike

You may be confused. my car came with the special Ford cap that spreads out the plug
connection area, made of plastic (gray or light blue ???)

and is attached to the common dizzy.  I have since removed it, now replaced by a standard
cap.

This design was intended to minimize 'cross-talk', I believe.

Chuck