[DeTomaso] 2010 Dates Announced for HWY 318 ORR Events

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Tue Oct 13 17:25:38 EDT 2009

I was just checking out the Sliver State Classic Challenge Home page
(http://www.silverstateclassicchallenge.com/) and found all the events
for 2010 have now been posted.

The 2009 Rule book is here:
http://www.silverstateclassicchallenge.com/docs/2009%20Rules.pdf
I imagine the 2010 rule book will be -very- similar.  I'll link to the
new one when I know it becomes available.

If you are interested in Open Road Racing, these events are a good
start.  In addition, the dates for the Big Bend Open Road Race and the
Sandhils Open Road Challenger are both posted.  See their respective
web sites for more information.

... and those of you who have run these in the past, pipe up now so we
know who the go-to guy will be for each one.

Now is the time, over the winter months to pull out the checklist and
make sure your car is ready, here is just a preliminary:
- Wheels / tires (sizes, speed ratings, load ratings, date codes)
- Race harness dates
- Fire extinguisher
- Change Brake Fluid
- Brake Pad wear
- Inspect half shaft, grease
- Inspect ball joints
- Inspect wheel bearings
- Loose nuts, bolts, fasteners
- Check steering geometry and tightness (make sure nothing is loose
and will come apart)
- No transmission leaks
- No engine leaks
- Change accessory belts
- Inspect hoses
- Tune ups, oil changes, etc.

Save the last minute panics, prepare now and be ready -before- race day.

Hope to see you there next year.
Asa Jay