[DeTomaso] Cruise Control Again

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:43:16 EDT 2009

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this device:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RPC-250-1223/

These Rostra Global cruise controls kits are designed to work on engines
that have a high-duration camshaft. They do not require vacuum to operate,
making them great additions to street rods or musclecars. The kits include a
fully programmable electronic cruise control module and detailed
installation guides. The cruise controls feature set speed, tap up/tap down
(1 mph per tap), coast/reduce speed, resume/accelerate, and controlled
resume rate.

I'm wondering if the problem with my Audiovox unit, which I could never get
to work, was due to insufficient vaccuum (I have a healthy cam) and double
throttle return springs.

Anyone have one installed?

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>