[DeTomaso] My little repaint project is growing....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 15:09:35 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/10/09 12 04 5, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> LLoyd Butfoy of RBT Transmissions could
> probably give you real numbers on gouged and replaced ZF input shafts and
> their
> costs.

Last time I heard of one needing to be replaced (more than ten years ago),
the input shaft (which also incorporates first gear as an integral part of
it) was $2500.   This knowledge came to be because some guy shipped a ZF in
pieces and failed to pack it properly, and the imput shaft punched a
first-gear-sized hole in the box and disappeared enroute, never to be seen
again...and UPS wouldn't pick up the tab because the fellow had failed to insure the
box for the full amount. :<(