[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 63, Issue 10-Cobra kit cars

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 14:41:33 EDT 2009

Jack,
Jeff Jio the creator of the kit piece Cobra did many
cars his way... he had exotic suspensions, great
fiberglass work and everything he has was built by
him his way.. some replicated shelbys or cobras
and most were inexpensive creations from various
parts that were leftover from something else

Great guy.. not sure where he is as I think
he sold the Firestone dealership and vanished

I have been looking for my next project and have
been looking at old race cars, autocross cars or
maybe thinking of taking my Firebird to the next level
with a fully adjustable suspension, cage etc built
by Mike Maier who has won the C Prepared National
Autocross Championship this year and several times
previously... He is doing a 1970 Camaro for Brian Hobah
so he has all the dimensions etc,,, Car can be adjusted
to 1 1/2 inches off the ground and built to the maxium
the specs allow for a CP autocross car..

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera