[DeTomaso] carbon fiber rear deck, flat or with ridge down the center???

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sat Oct 10 11:35:55 EDT 2009

My vote for flat. The ridge is easy to add; could even be supplied as a
add on. I found the fiberglass lid to be light and more then strong
enough. There is plenty of structure and angles to make the actual
difference between fiberglass and Carbon Fibre irrelevant. The carbon
fiber would be neat but I don't see it as needed; just desired.

One thing with mine is the fit sucks. I am about to begin work on
getting the edges to match the car. If you can build a better aligned
decklid that would be a plus although I am sure it varies some car to car.

Gary