[DeTomaso] carbon fiber rear deck, flat or with ridge down the  center???

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 00:51:57 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/9/09 21 41 17, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Also Mike Drew is a great guy but he is a Pantera purist. He dose not
> believe in upgrading anything on a pantera unless it is something like his
> headlight relays.
>
>>>Almost everything on my car, from front to back, top to bottom, has been
upgraded.   It's very difficult to find a stock *anything* on my car.   So
that blows that statement right out of the water.

I actually think carbon fiber decklids are a good idea--for those that can
afford them.   What I question is having somebody go through all the effort
to tool up to produce them, when several others have already done so.  If
you want one of these things, why not just pick up the phone and just order
one, instead of reinventing the wheel?   They are available in fiberglass,
'carbon fiber' (meaning made with carbon fiber cloth, using traditional
fiberglass molding techniques), and true carbon fiber (formed in an autoclave,
incredibly strong and light, but much more expensive).