[DeTomaso] Shop Light Trick

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 22:59:00 EDT 2009

I may be the last one to do this, but in case not, I'll pass this along.
I was at Don Byers' a couple weeks ago and saw his sweet SnapOn florescent shop light.
It has an overhead reel that manages the cord, and the light stays nice and cool.
I wanted one but I'm toooo cheap to spring for the big bucks for SnapOn.

I was using my vintage shoplight the other day and thought maybe I could use a
compact florescent bulb in my standard-old-metal-reflector shoplight on a reel.
I had a 100w equivalent (23w actual) compact florescent bulb that fit fine!
The bulb only cost me $.09 because they were on sale at Costco at 10 for $.99 after
a rebate that they took at checkout.

The light stays bright and cool, and I'm out less than a dime! SWEEEEEET!!!!