[DeTomaso] Authentic versus non-authentic

damaadams at aol.com damaadams at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 14:35:15 EDT 2009

I too have run into some strange situations with guys presenting replicas in potentially misleading ways.That's why I will never place any kind of Ford badge or graphic on my GT40. I have a Superformance decal on the windscreen that hopefully helps avoid confusion. When I get the "what is it?" question, I never call it a Ford GT40, and follow with the "duplicate" explanation. On those occasions when it is obvious that the person is still not quite understanding,?I tell them it's a 2008 car built in a factory in South Africa using blueprints from 1965. That seems to work.