[DeTomaso] The Fake Pantera Lives????

Torbjørn Harlem torbjorn.harlem at elverhoy.no
Thu Oct 8 01:48:15 EDT 2009

Hi.
On my 1972 Pantera there is no trace after a VIN tag.
I had the plate down to bare metal and it's no rivet hole or any marks at all around the stamped numbers.

Some other issue is that I've track down a PB Pantera here in Norway . it's a
"wreck"
The VIN on this car is not stamped on the "pedal box" but on a plate sized "1-1/2 x 3 inches
 welded in the corners only. On top of the box. (The same spot as original)
Have anybody seen that before? Or could it be that somebody has change the VIN  and thereby the right identity of the car.
It's for sure a original Pantera PB. I don't recall the VIN nr. But it's for sure under #1100  (perhaps 1093 , but I`m not sure)
The car is dismantled and has no engine or ZF.
I was thinking about to buy it but the price he want is to high. And I already got a project in my workshop. But I hate to see that this PB goes into nails or pots or something else made out of scrap metal
The car was imported from Germany to Norway about 4-6 years ago.

Torbjorn (Don't mind the spelling)  #2215