[DeTomaso] The Fake Pantera Lives????

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Oct 7 23:52:35 EDT 2009

Asa Jay
If your car turns out to be typical of other "L" models, that would
contradict my suspicion that the body service number and the VIN surround
plate were introduced at the same time. I still maintain that it's likely
that no pre-L models had either of those features.
Barry

----

Ah, I missed the part where Mike said he doesn't have one, sorry.

Here are photos of all the plates, except the one on the dash (which for
some reason, I failed to snap a pic of):
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&
Itemid=57&g2_itemId=380&g2_page=2

Body Service plate is in front trunk on the pedal box.
Engine plate is in back.
Plastic (now cracked) VIN tag is in door jamb

Asa Jay