[DeTomaso] distributor & coil recommendations

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Oct 7 20:11:48 EDT 2009

Dear Ken,

               I run MSD ignition on both of my two Panteras.   I use the
8577  non vacuum small cap distributor.   I have had no problems with it,
but did develop some sort of corrosion on the contacts inside the
distributor cap on the older distributor after about five years..   It seems
that was due to some manufacturing problem with MSD from what I can tell
from the MSD forum.

              I have actual records that one Pantera uses a Blaster 2.   I
*think* the other one does, too.  I have had no MSD coil problems.

              Both Panteras use the MSD 6A box.   One new box was dead on
arrival when installed.   Other than that, I have had no MSD ignition box
problems.  Heck, I even welded on one Pantera without disconnecting the MSD
system and the unit continues to work fine.

              Two Pantera MSD ignition systems with no problems.   Your
mileage may vary.

                                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles