[DeTomaso] Only high beam lights...

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Oct 7 12:14:20 EDT 2009

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
> In a message dated 10/7/09 6 03 18, gaino at earthlink.net writes:
>

>> Henrik, I'm not going to try and call the problem, but one of the first I
>> did to 1362 was the lamp relay. I had no idea of what I was doing but I
>> followed the instructione carefully and it worked.  here is a link
>> http://www.panteraplace.com/page116.htm
>>

> While that's a good idea, it won't affect the function of the lights.   The
> problem is almost assuredly either within the switch, or the connector
> between the switch and the main wiring harness.

Adding relays for the headlights and then using some good quality
contact spray on the hi/lo switch may resurrect it in case that is
really the problem.

My switch had intermittent problems with flashing in one direction when
I bought the car in 2000. Using a good contact spray fixed that, and it
still works fine. I installed the relays to reduce the current through
both the hi/lo switch and the main light switch. Really cheap and simple
insurance against burning these switches out.

> Mike (who knows practically nothing about electricity so take that with the
> appropriate rock-sized grain of salt!)

Cheers,
Thomas