[DeTomaso] The Fake Pantera Lives????

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:16:43 EDT 2009

Bob (Robert),

As the seller clearly states this is a Long & Newman body, I would not go so far
as to call it a fake.  I'd call it a Long & Newman reproduction, and in unfinished form.

(LOTS of work to go!)

Yes it might be confusing to have the blank VIN plates.  These are the same photos
(and location) as the earlier auction.

Although I have saved the details, it does not appear in the DeTomaso Registry, as it
is not a DeTomaso (and it does not have a "donor" VIN either.), but I put it on my
website to document the L&N body regardless.

Best Regards,

Chuck

Isnt this this the phoney Pantera that was for sale in California a few
months ago????  Check out the aftermarket repop manufacturer ID tags screwed
into the car.

http://tinyurl.com/y8vrakf
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Long-Newman-Pantera_W0QQitemZ220490778811QQcmdZViewItemQQpt
ZRace_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_?hash=item33564648bb