[DeTomaso] 1972 gumball detomaso pantera

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 14:23:30 EDT 2009

Hello Friends ,
Now that my engine is out of the car it would be good to update the
alternator .

If I boost the alternator power to 150 amps i have been told that it will
burn out the ammeter and i should  install a voltmeter instead .Are there
other precautions to take when upgrading the alternator ?

My original hall headers had been wrapped on the passenger side I think to
dissipate  the heat .After unwrapping the header last night huge amount of
rusted metal came out . The headers did not rust thru but I noticed that
the  pipes warped from the heat . This is why I think it best to purchase a
new  ceramic coated set of headers but I want to make sure that what I buy
will bolt  directly to the original ansa exhaust.
Has anyone purchased the Big Throat Headers? If so ...will the  car exhaust
be louder and will I see any extra power.
As always thank you group for all of your past support.It is greatly
appreciated.

Regards to All,

Robert