[DeTomaso] Distributor gears

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Mon Oct 5 22:11:55 EDT 2009

 I've heard before that some cams have press on gears but I don't see how that can be as the gear OD is smaller than the front bearing. Are these somehow two piece gears and if so; how are they attached? I spoke with Comp Cams about this when I installed my roller cam and they advised that they use some sort of hardening process so that the cast gear works except on their steel billet cams which still require a distributor gear change. I used a steel gear but that was seven years ago and they were available at that time.
 -------------- Original message from JDeRyke at aol.com: --------------