[DeTomaso] Short Tail Light Studs & Screws???

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 14:07:22 EDT 2009

Ken,

Sure sounds like you are trying to mount GRP 4 lights?

As for threading the studs out of the plastic towers, I advise against
that.  Probably break them.

Your lens screws are from the stock lenses?  Those lenses are about
1/4" shorter than the GRP 4 lenses; thus the screws are too short.

Like Julian, I usually open up the lens holes a tad for easier screw
insertion.  (Cleveland Larry - that is a freebie.)

Take a look at my POCA album on the GRP 4 lights I restore and sell.

I'm sure I have the hardware you need.  Let me know what you want.

Or you can source it locally.  You'll need 6mm couplers.  4mm x 35mm
lens screws.  Allen head cap screws are about the only style you can
find that will fit the lens recesses.  Replacements for the stock
metric phillips-drive, fillister-head screws have proven unobtanium.

Larry