[DeTomaso] Short Tail Light Studs & Screws???

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:45:38 EDT 2009

1) As far as I'm aware, the studs are cast in place. Std fix for GP4 lights with short studs is to use a coupling nut and new stud to lengthen the reach. If it is really close then I suggest to use a metric barrel nut.

2) As with everything Pantera, there are different versions of the lights one has M4 threaded screws, the other a coarse thread self tapper. The Euro lights often have the self tapping screws, which it sounds like you have. Options are; epoxy a nut to the rear of the housing to convert to threaded or get longer self tapping screws. In the past I have carefully drilled out the lenses one drill size up at a time to provide a looser fit for screws.

Julian