[DeTomaso] Short Tail Light Studs & Screws???

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon Oct 5 13:44:03 EDT 2009

When I installed my new tail lamps I ran into the same thing.  Three of the
studs on the two lamps backed out fine and I replaced them with longer ones.
I wasn't so lucky on the fourth; it fractured the plastic.  I repaired it by
gluing a longer stud in place using JB weld.

As for the lens screws, they have a reduced diameter head.  I bought
stainless pan head screws, chucked them in an electric drill and turned them
while filing down and then finish sanding the head diameter to fit the
plastic lens.  If I remember right though, they are metric.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505