[DeTomaso]   Spot the 10-inch Campagnolo wheel differences

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:15:00 EDT 2009

Mike,

My 10"s are date coded 1984.

It is good to see you are finally starting on the long-awaited
third part of your Campy variations article.

I only created a draft a few years ago, as I kept waiting for you!

Chuck

In a message dated 10/4/09 11 33 54, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> One wheel has a tire, the other doesn't
>
> One wheel has lug nuts, the other doesn't
>
> One wheel has a center cap, the other doesn't
>
> One wheel has a valve stem cap, the other doesn't
>
> Really Mike, I've seen the Sunday comics have a harder "Find the six
> differences" cartoon than this one.
>

>>>Not even close.   Not one of the things you mentioned has anything to do
with the wheel itself.   Forgetting all that type of junk, look at the
WHEELS and spot the differences among them. :>)

BTW, today at the tech session, I looked hard at the 10-inch wheels on
Garry Choate's car, and found them to be different from both of mine, in several
subtle ways!   I think his are even later, i.e. mid-1990s production, but
we never got around to pulling one to verify the date.   I'll ask him and
remember to get photos next weekend.