[DeTomaso] crossmember

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 11:19:12 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/3/09 5 25 36, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

> My early pushbutton car is scheduled to have an Aviad pan installed. I
> did my research and had everything to make a removeable crossmember. While I
> was under the car removing the suspension, I noticed that the rear
> crossmember is already at the front most lower arm mount bolts, and it is welded in
> like it came that way from factory. Does this mean I don't need to
> relocate? Is it different that later cars?

They were all there.   You don't need to relocate anything--nobody does.
The Aviaid pan is set up to clear the crossmember.   The reason people make
the crossmember removable (in the same location) is so that the pan can be
removed with the engine still in the car, at a later date.

You might also consider buying a bolt-in parking brake crossmember, for the
same reason.