[DeTomaso] Steel distributor gears for 351C

Orville Orville at Rubyglass.com
Fri Oct 2 17:31:15 EDT 2009

Since there is apparently no currently available source for steel
distributor gears for the 351C, I have approached a gear manufacturer to cut
a steel gear for my engine since I am going with a roller cam and do not
wish to use a bronze or cast iron gear due to projected wear and longevity.
In order to have these made at a reasonable price, I will have to have a
quantity of at least 50, or preferably 100, made. Should this occur, I will
have a large quantity for sale to others needing the gear. They have reverse
engineered the gear and it will be the equivalent of the gear previously
made by Crane, and will be the same hardness and present the same wear
characteristics. The projected price of the gear will be $70.00-$75.00.
My question is whether there is a requirement for this gear to fill the void
of availability. Anyone need one or two?

Orville