[DeTomaso] lower pantera shafts

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 2 14:38:45 EDT 2009

Mike,Listers, I'm in trouble. I had a grinding noise and noticed my RR inboard bearing was missing a few balls. Lucky for me I have a set of rebuilt uprights and new lower shafts, seals O rings, the works, including ball joints. I got the right side off and the upper arm built. I bent my press trying to push the lower shaft out. It is stuck in the inner sleeve. Can I cut between the lower arm and the upright with a sawzall? I just need my lower arm back but I don't want to harm a good upright either. The exiting lower shaft means nothing to me now. Any suggestions.   Bill 1362