[DeTomaso] 1972 Gumball Detomaso Pantera

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Fri Oct 2 10:32:17 EDT 2009

I would except I don't build these type of things by drawings but by
methods. So here is how I go about it.

I'll start with the test stand since I have some good photos:

1st A mounting plate is cut where you can bolt it to the engine and weld
supports from there:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/stand5.jpg

2nd The dimension of the base is determined by the width of the mounting
plate, how far forward you want to extend the base, and what kind of
width. The thickness of the upright is taken into account. Notice the
forward and aft frame rails align with the width of the mounting plates:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/enginetest1.jpg

3rd The height of the upright is determined by the height you want the
engine, less the height of the base and the casters:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/stand2.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/stand3.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/ts/d2.jpg

That's really all there is to it. Stands and dolly's are pretty much
done the same. Here you can see holding the engine at the right height
to build the engine dolly so it was at the same height as the transaxle:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/1905/es/es2.jpg

Build the plate, built the base, weld the casters, cut and weld the
upright to fit the height:

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/1905/es/es3.jpg

Gary