[DeTomaso] 1972 Gumball Detomaso Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 1 16:05:43 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/1/09 12 55 19, LEVITT1946 at aol.com writes:

> When we pull the engine/zf should I rest it on top of 4x4's to protect
> the
> oil pan? I am open for suggestions on what to do with the engine once it
> is
> pulled out . What kind of apparatus is used to place the engine on when it
> is pulled from the car ?

An engine cradle is the way to go:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G1051/?image=large

That one is intended for the 289/302/351W; it may work for the 351C also?
If not, a bit of fabrication/adaptation would do the trick.

It would be balanced for the engine alone; if you keep the gearbox attached
to the engine then it would be out of whack, so you'd have to modify it
accordingly.   Or, just get a furniture dolly and separate the gearbox from the
engine after you pull them out.

Cheers!